Concrete goes through gradual wear and tear. That’s why many people choose to seal it or use a floor-protecting mat or vinyl. Concrete is used for a lot of driveways and garages. Garages may see a lot of traffic depending on your lifestyle. Here’s how to get started on choosing the right garage flooring option for you:
What to Consider
There’s much to think about when choosing an option. Here’s what you should consider when choosing how to finish your garage floor:
- Durability. Your garage floor sees a lot of traffic, so you’ll want to choose a material that can withstand wear and tear.
- Ease of installation. Many of these finishes take time and effort to install. Depending on the finish you may have to wait days for it to cure.
- Cost. Garage flooring can range in price, so be sure to consider your budget when making your decision. Consider cost over the long run when you have to replace cheaper and less durable options.
- Aesthetics. Garage floors come in a variety of colors and styles, so you can choose an option that best fits your garage’s aesthetic.
- Maintenance. Some garage flooring options require more maintenance than others. Be sure to consider how easy the flooring is to clean and how often it will need to be replaced.
You may want to prioritize durability and maintenance if you want your floors to last a long time.
What Finishes to Consider
There are plenty of different methods for finishing garage floors. They all range in price and efficiency. These are some of the more popular garage floor finishes:
- Epoxy is a popular garage floor finish because it is durable and easy to install. It also comes in a variety of colors, so you can choose the perfect one for your garage. Epoxy floors need reinstallation every few years.
- Paint is a less durable option than epoxy, but it is cheaper and easier to apply. You can choose any color you want, so it’s a great option if you want to customize your garage floor.
- Vinyl is another popular garage floor finish because it is durable and easy to clean. It also comes in a variety of colors and styles, so you can find the perfect one for your garage.
- Rubber or plastic tiles are a popular garage floor finish because it is durable and stylish. It may be difficult to install because they interlock like puzzle pieces, but it can add a lot of character to your garage. Just choose tiles that can withstand the weight of a vehicle!
- Mats are a versatile garage floor finish that can be used in any type of garage. They are great for garages that double as workout rooms. These mats are easy to clean and put down, but they may need to be frequently replaced since they may rip.
- Titan’s Hybrid Polyurea Flooring is the most durable and has a lifetime warranty! It’s made using a mix of polyurea and polyaspartic to make extremely durable, lifelong floors.
Read our blog on the best types of garage finishes for more in-depth information on garage floor finishes.
Titan’s Revolutionary Flooring System
Titan Flooring is committed to providing durable floors. Our garage flooring lasts much longer than simple epoxy or sealed concrete and comes in a variety of colors and colorways! Titan Floors are foolproof–we’re confident Titan Floors won’t crack or warp over time! We guarantee your Titan Garage Floors will last a lifetime. That’s why we offer a lifetime warranty that transfers even if the homeownership does. Call today for a quote!