Is it time to say goodbye to a rotting concrete garage floor? If you’re looking to upgrade your garage flooring, you’ll want to ensure you get something that’s durable and will last you a lifetime. Though concrete flooring is a good and standard option for garages, it’s not always the best optimal floor efficiency solution. Investing in a garage floor covering can most definitely pay off in the long run.
During your search for the right garage floor coating, you’ll come across options such as epoxy. However, a newer and more advanced option is a polyurea and polyaspartic mix. Both options offer attractive coatings with crucial differences. However, having a garage coating, in general, is an integral part of maintaining your garage.
Keep reading to find out the importance of investing in garage floor coatings and how the application process works.
Importance of Garage Floor Coating
If you’ve been meaning to get a coating for your garage flooring but haven’t gotten around to it yet, then you may want to read our list of benefits to motivate you. A long-lasting coating can give you a nicer looking garage, safety, and durability for years to come. A few reasons to consider adding a garage floor coating to your garage are:
- Garage floor coating is impact-resistant: No need to worry about dropped tools marking your floor. A floor coating will make it resistant to impact and get chemicals and surface abrasion with a thick and durable finish. If you accidentally spill chemicals, you won’t need to worry about any damage.
- Garage floor coating makes your garage look good: With a superior coating, your garage can look as good as a showroom. There are several colors and textures to choose from for every preference.
- The coating covers cracks and flaws in the concrete: Though there are methods to fill and repair cracks in a garage floor, they end up coming back. A coating will be thick and solid enough to fill and eliminate them.
- It’s easy to clean: The garage is the most challenging area of the house to clean. Dirt and grime from tires get tracked in, and muddy shoe prints are a common find. With bare cement and no other coatings, you’ll notice how quickly the place gets filled with stains. When you have a durable coating, you can simply spray your garage floor clean with a spray nozzle.
Application Process For Polyurea Polyaspartic Flooring
Polyurea polyaspartic hybrid is a flooring system that, apart from all its extensive benefits, comes in attractive, customizable options in terms of color and texture as a finished flooring solution.
The application process for polyurea polyaspartic flooring can only be done by a knowledgeable professional, given it consists of a mixture of two-component products. When these two parts are mixed, they are fast to cure, producing a no volatile organic compound mixture. Given it catalyzes and hardens fast, special equipment is required.
The process is as follows:
- Chips and cracks on the concrete surface of the garage are polished and repaired.
- The surface is treated through a proprietary process that involves sanding the foundation and preparing the floor with the base.
- Broadcast chips are added.
- The floor is sealed with a high-quality sealant that dries and can be used in 24 hours.
Once the base solution has been applied over the concrete floor, spreading on the chips is the next step. This is where the customizations come in; you can choose various colors and textures such as gunflint, domino, autumn, garnet, gravel, and creekbed.
Once the texturized chips have been applied evenly, a solution is then laid out to catalyze them and harden the floor into the set colors. The results are miraculous and will give you a smooth, even, chip, and crack-resistant finish.
Invest in High-Quality Garage Coating in Atlanta
There’s no doubt investing in garage floor coverings can pay off. Suppose you’re looking for a garage floor coating company in Atlanta. In that case, Titan Garage Flooring Solutions offers the best, longest-lasting polyurea polyaspartic hybrid floor coatings and is pleased to provide an incredible array of finishes in colors and textures. We have up to 150 different options for you to choose from.
When you choose Titan Garage Flooring Solutions, you’re choosing garage floor coatings that will last you a lifetime.