An auto shop owner should consider that one of the essential requirements when constructing and initiating his or her business is flooring. The auto shop may include the correct type of flooring on the waiting rooms, maintenance areas, independent commercial repairs, fleet facilities, and many others.
However, to maintain aesthetics over your auto shop, you should choose the exact and correct floor in every area. This choice you make will ensure a great look for your auto shop, which is also necessary to create unforgettable first impressions. Also, you will guarantee workers’ safety. Find out which are the things you have to consider before making a decision.
3 Main Things To Consider When Choosing The Floor
It is reasonable that an auto show owner knows and understands every process made in the shop. That is why they must look up to these three qualities that will benefit the shop for its safety and appearance.
Looking for a slip-resistant floor is necessary due to the number of oils, liquids, and chemicals used in maintaining and repairing cars. Floors that do not have skidded and superior slip-resistance features are dangerous due to the grease, solvents, or vehicles’ fluids.
Choose a concrete floor coating that adds customizable slip resistance.
The floor’s durability and resistance are essential since it resists heavy tools falling on the floor, heavy automotive repair equipment, and the cars themselves, which are the daily wear and tear of the auto shop. It is recommendable to find a floor that will not make you lose money and time on repairing, replacements or cleaning.
It is common for auto shops to have logos, markings, and, most important, safety messages on the floor. Hence, a customizable option is necessary to increase the company facilities processes and the safety of employees and visitors.
Material Options for You Auto Shop Flooring:
There are many different flooring; nonetheless, not all of them are the most recommendable ones for auto shop flooring. Due to its different contexture, pros, and cons, you should take care when deciding. Find out each one of them:
- Polyurea: An innovative and recommendable option for auto shops, it is resistant to corrosion from harsh chemicals, resistant to heat and UV, and easy to install on any surface. Polyurea is non-toxic, waterproof, and impact resistant. For auto shops, you will not have to worry about discoloration, cracked or peeling floors.
- Flexible Mesh: This type of flooring is flexible; it is easy to install. However, a disadvantage of this floor is that it quickly moves when carters pass around the surface. This floor has holes in the surface, which makes things complicated when wet.
- Non-Skid Surface: On the other hand, this type of floor is suitable for moving tools or cabinets due to the non-skid surface it possesses. However, it is dangerous to use it in wet areas due to the easy flow of liquids that must happen and even more complicated when using it for ramps or lifts.
- Vinyl: This is a cheaper option with a non-skid surface. The disadvantage is that it is designed just for garages due to its thin contexture. It can be complicated to use it in repairing and maintenance places where liquids and heavy materials can fall on it.
- Wafer Board: An option that can level the floor and its large size is an advantage. But, it is the weakest option. It can absorb moisture rapidly, which means it is dangerous for auto shops due to possible chemicals spilled through the floor.
Polyurea Is The Best Option For Your Auto Shop In Atlanta
Are you looking for the best option for your auto shop floor? Titan Garage Flooring Solutions offers you the best quality services and materials to be ready and safe to start your business procedures. Our Polyurea option is excellent for indoor and outdoor spaces for your commercial. It is UV resistant which makes it safer than other types of floors.
We assure the safety of all your workers and clients, and polyurea does not have volatile organic compounds, which avoid further damage. However, to add value to this type of solution, we provide you a limited lifetime warranty that can be transferable if the auto shop owner changes. So stop worrying about making the right choice; your shop will be in the best hands with us.