If it’s time to redo your crumbling garage floor, there are several garage floor coating brands to choose from. Not every garage floor coating is created equal, and you’ll want to ensure that your choice of coating delivers the look and durability you’re looking for.
Before you compare the options available to you, you’ll want to take a look at various factors to determine which is the best choice for you. Learn the importance of investing in garage floor coating and what characteristics to look out for when choosing one.
Why Is It So Important To Have Garage Floor Coating?
If your garage is looking a little worn down and you’re looking for an effective long-term solution to fix or upgrade it, then you’ll want to consider garage floor coating. A garage floor that has been professionally treated with a coating has many benefits over concrete and other floors.
Here are just a few advantages of having a garage floor coating:
- Resistant to stains and water: a floor coating will quickly transform any average porous cement floor into a seamless surface. This prevents damage from spills. It is capable of repelling stains, making cleaning up an effortless process.
- Chemical resistant: Floor coatings are chemical-resistant. Gas, brake fluid, oil, or other corrosive chemicals can be easily cleaned without impacting the flooring. It can be routinely exposed to chemicals and remain in like-new condition.
- Prevents mold growth: With the right floor coating, you can avoid allergies triggered by dust, mold, and dirt on the floor. Concrete floors are prone to such buildup due to daily use.
- Impact-resistant: With a garage floor coating, you won’t need to worry about anything causing surface abrasion. You can drag a toolbox across the floor without leaving any marks.
Epoxy Coatings vs. Polyurea Polyaspartic Coatings
When it comes to the choices available, epoxy coatings have been around for some time and have been a popular choice for concrete floors. Relatively new to the party is the polyurea polyaspartic hybrid coatings, perfect for those looking for a fast dry time. Let’s see how the two stand up against each other.
Epoxies are resin polymers composed of epoxide units. A typical application consists of an epoxy primer, color base coat, and two layers of polyurethane. Advantages of epoxy coatings include the following:
- Creates a hard, beautiful finish
- Good adhesion
- Many finishing options, including color and mix-ins
Some disadvantages of epoxy coatings include:
- Less flexible and less resistant to abrasion
- Can be somewhat tricky to apply in hot or cold conditions
- Has an extended drying time
- Has potentially hazardous vapors
- Cannot be applied when temperatures are below freezing
Our Pick – Polyurea Polyaspartic Hybrid Coating
On the other hand, the polyurea polyaspartic hybrid coating is composed of a mixture that becomes very hard, very quickly, with no volatile organic compounds. The polyurea polyaspartic hybrid coating is a favorable choice and offers various benefits compared to other coatings such as epoxy.
- More straightforward application in a wide variety of weather and temperature conditions
- Hard, smooth finish that is stain-and-scratch-resistant, good for high-traffic areas
- Clear and non-sticky when dry
- Fast-drying times cures to full strength in less time than epoxy coatings
- High, controllable film build-up
- Low VOCs and odor.
- Colors and decorative chips available
Where Else Can You Apply Floor Coating?
Floor coating is not only exclusive to garages; there is so much more to it. Floor coatings can be used for various residential applications given they add durability, traction, chemical and spill protection, heat and cold resistance, and so much more. Homeowners may choose to install floor coatings in their mudrooms, kitchens, studio spaces, storage areas, or bathrooms. They create a modern look with all the benefits.
Don’t Miss Out on High-Quality Garage Floor Coating.
For those in need of garage floor coating in Atlanta, Titan Garage Flooring Solutions provides Atlanta with the best long-lasting concrete floor coatings. We specialize in polyurea hybrid flooring, and our system is much more durable than other coatings; it doesn’t chip, crack, or peel and has a fast curing time.
Experience the beauty, safety, and durability of our revolutionary garage coating.