Trying to figure out the best garage floor coating system for your garage and your budget isn’t always easy. With so many options, manufacturers, and commercial installers to choose from, it can be frustrating and somewhat overwhelming if you don’t know your options and how they work.
People drive in and out of their garage every day without thinking about what flooring will last the longest. Garage floors are what keep one of our most valuable assets safe from harm and away from elements. A garage floor is the only thing keeping corrosive materials from ruining cars and the garage’s foundational structure itself.
When it comes to garage floor coating, two options are polyurea polyaspartic hybrid and epoxy coating. Both options are floor coatings applied over concrete surfaces to ensure your floor’s protection, durability, resistance, and other qualities. They are good options for both residential and commercial entities. Both have their advantages but still differ in key characteristics.
Garage flooring should not only look nice but should also be durable and able to withstand repeated use. It should be easy to clean and resist oils and spills. Find out everything you need to know about choosing the best garage floor coating for you.
Paint / Epoxy Coatings
Epoxy coatings are generally the least expensive options for garage flooring. It includes paints and epoxy coatings and is a mixture between a resin and a hardening chemical.
Though epoxy is considered to be a valid option, it’s essential to know a few disadvantages of epoxy coating:
- Not effective on many surfaces: Epoxy should only be applied to a CSP1 or CSP2 concrete profile. Even when used to a perfect and ideal profile, heat, cold, and weathering can affect it.
- Long cure time: Generally, an epoxy floor can accept light foot traffic within twenty-four hours. However, it could be 72-96 hours or more before it’s ready for vehicle traffic, meaning 4-5 days of downtime.
- Cheap: Epoxy floors cost less upfront. However, the problem with it being cheap is that you’ll likely end up with a more expensive problem down the road. When your epoxy starts chipping and peeling, you’ll need to remove it, which is a costly procedure.
- High VOCs, bad for the environment: Epoxy coatings come with a smell from volatile organic compounds harmful to the environment. That’s why most epoxy coatings are not USDA rated for incidental food contact.
Polyurea Polyaspartic Hybrid Coating
Polyaspartic coating is a revolutionary and proprietary system made up of a hybrid of polyurea and polyaspartic. However, other coating options like epoxy and urethane were popular when an abrasion-resistant concrete was needed. However, polyaspartic outperforms them. Benefits of this flooring include:
- Supports multiple surface profiles: Due to the hybrid polyurea surface, Polyurea Polyaspartic coating can be applied to various concrete profiles.
- Twenty-four-hour cure time: Within six hours of application, you’ll be able to walk on your floors, and within twenty-four hours, you can park your car in the garage. The short cure time is a very convenient benefit.
- Made to last: With the use of proprietary polyaspartic ester, the life of the product is extended, specifically on concrete.
- Safe: Polyurea Polyaspartic hybrid coatings are Zero-VOC, meaning they can be used in confined spaces. There are no volatile organic compounds, and it’s environmentally friendly.
- Temperature Safe: It can be applied in temperatures as low as minus 30 degrees Fahrenheit and as high as 140 degrees Fahrenheit, meaning it can be installed at any time of the year.
Get Revolutionary Garage Flooring
If you are looking for garage flooring in Atlanta, Titan Garage Flooring Solutions provides the best, longest-lasting concrete floor coatings. Whether you want to provide a clean, safe, and durable floor in your commercial space, or you’re just looking to make the neighborhood jealous with a perfect new garage floor, Titan Garage Flooring Solutions has you covered.
Titan Garage Flooring Solutions’ high-tech system can be used for numerous residential and commercial concrete applications and provides many benefits other coatings don’t. Our high-quality polyurea hybrid flooring system will give you peace of mind, no more stains, cracking, or peeling. Get the best garage floor coating in Atlanta.