If you’re having your floor replaced or needing a floor installation, you may wonder which coating is best. Epoxy floor coating is a common solution for many residential and commercial purposes; however, is it the best one in the market? Not really.
You’ll also find a polyurea coating if you’re looking for flooring solutions; this one tends to be a greater option for your floors than epoxy. Polyurea has many pros; do you want to know them?
In this blog post, we’ll go through the cons an epoxy floor has and the benefits of polyurea floors, a better alternative for your flooring projects. Keep reading! If you were looking for epoxy flooring in Nashville, you might want to reconsider; be smart and make wise decisions!
All About Epoxy Flooring
What Is Epoxy Flooring?
Epoxy flooring is a type of coating. Epoxy is made up of two separate chemicals; resin and hardener. The resins are the part that makes epoxy stick to surfaces, while the hardeners make it dry faster (the longer you mix them together, the harder they get).
The Cons Of Epoxy Flooring
- One of epoxy flooring’s cons is its relatively short lifespan. Epoxy is known to start breaking down and chipping away anywhere from two to five years after application.
- Another issue with epoxy is its susceptibility to staining. Spills, grease, and other contaminants can easily seep into the surface of an epoxy floor and be difficult (or impossible) to remove.
- Epoxy can be quite slippery when wet; This makes it a less-than-ideal choice for areas where moisture or spills are likely to occur (like kitchens and bathrooms).
- It can take a while for the epoxy to cure, which means that you may not be able to use your basement or garage floors for a few days after installation.
All About Polyurea Coating
What Is Polyurea?
Polyurea is a type of coating that’s made up of two parts as well: resin and hardener. However, the difference between polyurea and epoxy is that the resins in polyurea are mixed with an activator before being applied to a surface; this causes the polyurea to cure much more quickly than epoxy (within hours, instead of days).
The Pros Of Polyurea Floor Coating
- One big pro of polyurea over epoxy is its durability. Polyurea is known to last for years without chipping or fading, making it a better option for high-traffic areas.
- Another advantage of polyurea is its resistance to staining. Spills and contaminants will not soak into the surface as they can with epoxy, making it much easier to keep clean.
- Polyurea is also non-slip, meaning that it’s a safer option for areas where moisture or spills are likely to occur.
- The installation is swift and easy, meaning you won’t have to wait long before you can start using your new floor coating.
- Finally, polyurea is more cost-effective than epoxy in the long term; Which makes it a better option for those looking for a long-lasting solution.
Why Polyurea Is Better Than Epoxy
All of these factors make polyurea a better choice than epoxy for floor coating; You can even add it to your poolside flooring to avoid a slippery environment for your family! If you’re looking for a durable, stain-resistant coating that’s safe and easy to install, then polyurea is the way to go.
Where To Get The Most Effective Flooring Installation Service?
If you were looking for a “garage floor coating near me,” Titan Garage Flooring Solutions is ready to assist you. We’ve been in the industry for years; all that time allowed us to get to know our industry and market better. We’re confident that we can meet and exceed your expectations if you leave your garage flooring project to us.
We’re reliable, effective and have competitive prices. Our well-trained team has the right licenses to operate, and they’re eager to help you. Titan Garage Flooring Solutions‘ polyurea coating is the best in the market! Our unique Titan coating has no volatile organic compounds, it’s great for outdoor spaces, and you’ll walk on your floors after 6 hours of its application.
Let us show you why our good reputation backs us up; reach out and deep dive into our coating and services details today! Don’t let this opportunity to give your floors a make-over pass you by. Titan Garage Flooring Solutions is the greatest option for flooring installation in Nashville. What are you waiting for?